UX / UI Designer
We are a small team of designers and developers who make great things for the internet. Join us!
At Tight, you’ll meet a handful of people who share your passion for the craft. We make products that are used by hundreds of thousands every week, and receive a crazy amount of trust to shape them like we want. We know that excellence is achieved through iteration, so we keep the distance from sketch to deployed code short.
As a designer here, you’ll be working hands-on to shape our next creations. Doesn’t matter if it’s a promising startup or a corporation turning their ship around – they all need TLC from someone who lives and breathes pixels.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. Email us on email@example.com or read on.
- Care deeply about visual design. You have a keen eye for composition, typography, color, white space etc. Nailing the details make it tickle in the right places.
- Understand that a product has a purpose, and leave no stone unturned when making it as simple, intuitive, and efficient as possible.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of different platforms, from responsive websites to mobile apps.
- Question everything, yet know how to defend your decisions – either in front of a client or the product team itself.
- Seek perfection, but not on the behalf of progress.
- Have a strong body of work that demonstrates these things.
How's a typical work day?
- Finish up a sketch from the day before that Gjermund (design lead) had some notes on.
- Explore some rough wireframe directions for a new project .
- Eat a tasty lunch.
- Discuss the pros and cons of a web transition with Anders, who’s in charge of development .
- Polish some details to make an existing project shine a little brighter.
- Attend the occasional client meeting. They’re dying to see how their product evolves.
Some of our projects
Oslo City Bike
We've made Oslo's bike sharing system a truly digital one, and kickstarted a startup that is now operating in several cities.
Osloby Restaurant Guide
An open brief from Aftenposten became the realization of an old pet project: Oslo's own restaurant guide.
Fantasy Music Manager
We're making a manager game where you sign musical artists, and stay in sync with their real life success (or failure).
What we offer
The right treatment
Competitive salary, flexible hours, great food. We strive to maintain the environment we all need for doing our best work.
Exciting, ambitious projects
We’re picky about what we work on, and choose the projects that sounds fun, pose a challenge, feels meaningful, and have great people on the client side.
A great team
We’re a young, talented team that enjoy each others company – whether we’re doodling on an app or out for burritos after work.
The tools you need
Great products are made with the best tools available. We’ll hook you up with the proper hardware and software.
Spacious, light offices where Torggata meets Grünerløkka. In close proximity to public transport and the best Oslo has to offer 🍻
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gjermund on +47 900 26 994. We’d love to hear from you – the sooner the better.